CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Chateau De Mores

I read a series of historical fiction books by Lorraine Snelling (Ruby, Pearl and Opal) that were staged where Medora was founded by the Marquis De Mores. In the story, this mansion was being built. It was really fun to see all of the places and things mentioned in the books
This is the mansion, now referred to as the Chateau De Mores
This is the kitchen inside! One of my favorite things is to see things set up as they would have been in the past. I love museums and such for that reason. I am completely intrigued by the things that were used and how. I was surprised how simple everything is, even for a family that was so lavish in the late 1800's! I could definitely learn a lesson in simplifying...now how to implement it!!!
T Jay being silly in the hunting room. The house was built as a summer home/hunting "cabin." They had a bunch of things on a table for the kids to see.
This was their extremely modern bathroom! The white box is similar to an earth toilet you would find out in the woods. That big round thing is the tub! Hmmm... I am glad that I don't have to haul my bath water!!

No comments: