CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

T Jay's first day of school

Today is T Jay's first day of school. He is in Kindergarten 5 days per week from 8:30 until 2:30. He woke up this morning with a sheepish/excited grin and said, "I get to go to Kindergarten today!" It was really cute!
Getting ready to "blast off"to a great year."
We went to his classroom yesterday to meet his teacher and see where he would go and put all of his school supplies away, so he new exactly where to hang his jacket and backpack.
Jess took him in the room while I stayed out in the hall with the stroller since he didn't get to meet his teacher yesterday. They slipped by the teacher while she was talking to another child, and Jess didn't know what to do with him, so he had him sit at the table by his name tag. (logical thing, right?) T Jay is sitting at his desk wondering why he doesn't have crayons. Luckily, I saw him (Should we ever send a Dad to do a Mother's work?! No offense, Dads) and switched with Jess and had T Jay get his folder from his backpack to put in his cubby, and get his pencil box to color with. This made him very happy to have his crayons. Jess even asked him if he could stay and play with him. TJay said,"Kindergarten is only for five year olds." I guess he's ready to have a great year!
But...what do I do now? My baby's gone to school! Summer begins pre-school after labor day! At least I'll still have my Matthew.

4 comments:

Maggie Roe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie Roe said...

People are going to think I'm pregnant or something because I am crying like a baby here. (And no, I'm not!)

WHO TOLD HIM TO GROW UP? I'm sending a picture of you and TJay on the slide when he was a baby. I love this picture. NO GROWING UP KIDS!!!

The Addams Family said...

How are you holding up?? I'm going to be a mess on Monday when Robert starts preschool!

Cara Fish said...

Yea! I wish I could start all over again...Man, I am TOTALLY jealous of T Jay!