CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Don't let the innocence of this picture fool you. This kind of shenanigans can get you a visit from the Po-Po! Jess got a new head lamp in celebration of the present hurricane season. He had the lights out and was bathing the kids and getting their jammies on with it on. One of our neighbors called the police reporting that there was flashlight activity in our house. At 10:45 pm our doorbell rang with two uniformed police and one undercover guy. My brother answered the door, and we laughed and told them that Jess is a nerd who likes to play with his hurricane prep items!
This is the proof that they were here, because Jess was in the shower. No, I am not handcuffed, I just happened to have my hands behind my back! They just laughed at us! Do you think they were disappointed in the lack of "action"? They looked ready for a fight!

8 comments:

THE HINDMANS said...

Tucker & I got a kick out of that! It was so funny! But I bet the kids were having a blast.

wildthayn said...

That's awesome!! Way to go Jess!!

Maria said...

Looks like that isn't the first time that he used that...Joe said that Jess used to take that on the plane! Funny story!

The Schooley's said...

Leave it to Jess to be in the shower during the "raid"!! That is awesome. I needed a good laugh today!!

Nicole said...

Are you serious!? How funny is that!

Kelli said...

He has upgraded to the L.E.D. model now, so it's much brighter! Hmmm...maybe that's why...

Rich said...

Good Job Bro, I was just called to the Stake emergency prep chair and Nothing could make me prouder. Way to be prepared!!! Now if you were to do it Tom style you would have had your 72 hr kit on your back and a home made walking stick to boot.

Janet said...

That's hilarous!

Steve has I think 3 of those stashed in various places. Must be a guy thing. :)