CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Commercials

I was watching TV with the kids this morning when a commercial for Ultra Leak proof Huggies came on. It was of a Dad who laid his son on the bed to change him. When he opened up the baby diaper a fire hose sized spray came out and sprayed in every direction, all over the walls. The add basically said, have fun, here is a product to help you. When I saw it, I laughed out loud! It caught me off guard, and I thought it was funny. Here's where this gets a little interesting. Fast forward about 15 minutes when the kids were instructed to go to the bathroom so we could run our errands. I went into the bathroom to check on Matthew. (it's always Matthew, isn't it?!) He was upset about something, and then I saw it. He had hosed our bathroom walls around the toilet. He was borderline sobbing that he "makes bad choices with his pee." I got him changed and the walls and floor cleaned up. As we were walking out the door I asked him the question I already knew the answer to. Me: "Were you trying to do what the baby did on the commercial." Matthew: "No." Me: "Were you copying the baby on TV?" Matthew: "yea, I was trying to make you laugh with my pee." Of course this conversation was followed up with the "We only pee in the toilet" speech. It makes me wonder if this possibility ever came up in the brainstorming sessions of the particular commercial!

4 comments:

Ronnie and Suzi said...

LOL! I love that commercial! Thanks for the heads up as I prepare for future potty training of a boy! ;)

Jamie said...

so funny! matthew is so hilarious. i haven't checked in for a couple of weeks, so I was excited to see all your new posts and pix--YAY! I loooved your family olympics! wish you guys weren't so far away...((hugs))

Maggie Roe said...

I knew that one was coming. All I had to do was get halfway through the post and I knew the ending. And if it wasn't Matthew, it would have been James. I'll be sure to watch my laughter when it comes on and James is around.

The Addams Family said...

Ha ha! I'm seriously laughing so hard right now! I love that commercial and I love Matthew even more!