CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 9, 2010

Here on the farm...

Hello friends and family, it's been a while! We've been busy here on the farm.(Funny farm?) We started out with a fun short week (the kids were out Thursday and Friday), then Easter and into spring break. When the kids are out of school, life is really busy.
On Thursday, we had friends over to play in the bouncy house. Tons of fun. They alternated between jumping, hiding empty plastic eggs for each other and playing in the toy room for hours! The whole time I got to gab with my friend. A great day. I don't remember Friday, let's face it, that was a week ago! I don't remember yesterday. Well, there's a reason for that, I'm getting there!
Easter weekend was great with tons of family time, Church and fun.
Monday was a bike ride with the kids that ended up being too long. Why? Oh, the whining and fainting started when we still had about a half of a mile to go. Not even the lure of playing at the playground got them to ride happily. When I say they, I mean Matthew and Summer. Matthew, poor thing has a good excuse, he had to ride three times as far because his wheels are so tiny! Summer, well, all things are better with a little drama aren't they? We ended the day at the beach. A nice start to spring break, right?
Which brings us to Tuesday. A friend set up a tour of Publix for the kids. We went. It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed seeing the different departments display their talents. Scanning items at the check out was their favorite. I, on the other hand, felt like I was carrying all four kids on my shoulders during the whole tour. I wasn't, but tell my body that and I'm not sure it would believe you. I was pretty sure that was my punishment for staying up way too late the night before. As we took our party to the park for a picnic, I was beginning to wonder if I was coming down with something. In all honesty, I never get sick, so it was hard to consider (I think it has been 4-5 years since I have been stay in bed sick, maybe longer.). As I drove home, I informed the kids that they would be watching TV for the rest of the day because I was going to take a nap with Lexi. As I woke up, it was all there. Fever, sore throat, body aches, headache, extreme exhaustion, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils. Yikes! I went to bed a 7pm and slept until 8am and then stayed in bed all day except to go to a walk -in clinic to confirm my case of Strep! So basically I slept for 2 and a half days and here we are. I kind of ruined, but maybe improved the kids spring break. Since I was a zombie, Jess was able to work from home for 2 days and play with the kids. (Bless family sick leave!) They would probably say it was more fun with Dad! So there you have it. Now I am just playing the waiting game to see if I infected any of the kids. It'll be a miracle if I am the only one. I like miracles.

1 comment:

The Addams Family said...

I came down with a random case of strep last spring...I thought it was the swine flu for a day or so until I had my throat cultured at the clinic. That was the first time I'd been on antibiotics in 11 years! I, like you, never get sick. But when I do...it's pretty much the end of the world. Miraculously no one else in our family got it. I'm hoping that's the case for you guys and that you get better soon!