CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Salmon Cakes with Lime Sauce

I tried a new recipe for dinner yesterday and it was really good. It is from the Pampered Chef It's Good for You Cookbook. Here is the recipe, go on try it, you'll like it!

Salmon cakes with cool lime sauce:

Sauce:
1 lime
1/2 c. light mayo
1/4 c. light sour cream
zest the lime until you get 2 tsp. of zest, then squeeze 2 tsp of juice into a bowl. Add the sour cream and mayo, stir and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.

Salmon cakes:
2 cans of salmon drained and flaked
1/4 c. finely diced red bell pepper
1/4 c. thinly sliced green onion, including the tops
1Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
3/4 c. unseasoned bread crumbs, divided
1/3 c. light mayo
1 egg white

Combine salmon, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, breadcrumbs, mayo and egg white. Mix well. Sprinkle remaining breadcrumbs on a plate (I used more) and scoop (I used a large cookie scoop) the salmon mixture onto the crumbs and press it down. Turn it over to coat the other side with bread crumbs. Repeat until salmon mixture is gone. Cook in a skillet on med. heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once. I served it with cous cous and steamed broccoli. It would also be good with rice of some sort. I made extra (like 14 or so cakes) and we (6 of us) ate all but three of them, which I had for lunch today.

5 comments:

Happy said...

YUM! I used to make Salmon Patties a lot, I forgot about those, thanks for the reminder! They are a big hit in our house too!

5 little speckled frogs said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm definitely trying these. Haven loves salmon - she calls it pink fish - it's officially her favorite food. Yummy! :)

The State of Our Family said...

I might even have to try that on my non-seafood-loving family. I'll just tell them it's chicken! ;)

Maggie Roe said...

Sounds good. Can you use fresh salmon instead of canned? If so, how much do you think it would be?

Ronnie and Suzi said...

These were SOOO good! Thank you for the recipe! We will definitely be making them again!