CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Change in Decor

Before:
After:
I have been wanting to redo our decor for a while now. I want to get new furniture, but want to wait a little longer. My kids are quite hard on our furniture, so I would hate to buy new furniture that I was in love with only to have them ruin it somehow. This is my solution. I bought the brown covers from SureFit.com. (only order from them if you are 100% sure of what you want. Their return policy is scary.) The covers have a separate seat cushion, so it stays put really well. I kept the old pillow inserts and made new pillow covers (with zippers! Which were way easier than I was expecting. Anyone can do it-I promise.). My neighbor is a genius at choosing coordinating colors, so many thanks to her for being the brains behind the fabric choices. I love, love, love how it turned out.

A close up of the fringe I put on the two smaller pillows. This was also way easier than expected.

A close up of the blue square pattern material. They all compliment so well.

The curtain is a panel curtain that I made in ND that is folded in half and hung sideways, so it's like a bubble valance. I also recovered this bench. I was going to repaint the bench a dark color, but with the new fabric, I like the wood color. Plus, less work for me!


A close up of the fabric pattern on the bench as well as a gratuitous picture of my sunshine girl.

Now all (all?)I have left to do is reupholster my two barrel chairs in the chocolate brown fabric with the large blue flowers on it from above, and get two more pillow inserts for the accent pillows that I made for them. I really would like to get that done before our summer road trip, but we'll see. I may just procrastinate long enough for that to be impossible. Just in case you didn't know, that is how I roll. If I am not sure how to do something, I procrastinate for a long time and then I decide I'm just going to figure it out and it ends up being a lot easier than I thought and I am left wondering why it took me so long to start the job in the first place!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, it looks so great!! Way to go!

Happy said...

WOW! It seriously does all look amazing. I am SO impressed with you and those pillows!!!! I want new pillows for my couches, so we just might need to talk... (Well, we need to talk anyways! I miss you!). Good job on the bench too- I didn't know you were going to do that and it turned out great!!

Rich said...

We totally love our Ikea couches with their changable covers. Having matthews very close cousin heidi living at our house it works out that those covers come off alot and make a trip to the washing machine. We are looking to get different color covers to mix it up a little.

Nicole said...

Awesome! I love recovering things because it saves so much money and you still get a new look. You did great Kelli!
Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

The Holmes' family said...

Wow!! Looks awesome--and I LOVE the colors!