CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lost

Ok friends, I'm back! School starts on the 23rd, so after T. Jay's baptism, birthday party (AUG.13) and school starting, we should be back on a roll of posting. Yay! It's been a long, busy summer and I have a ton of catching up and photo posting to do. I just downloaded all of the photos and I took over 1100 pics! No, I won't torture you with posting most of them, but it's going to take some time to find my favorites. Until then, a funny story:
We arrived home on Sunday evening. After sleeping in 11 different locations during the summer, my own bed was a special treat. I slept like a rock. Night number two was a little different story. Lexi tossed and turned a little and at one point woke up crying. I was still mostly asleep as I went towards her cries. I got out into the hallway and didn't know where I was. I couldn't figure out where her sounds were coming from. I stood there in the hallway trying to figure out how I was going to find her without barging in on whomever my gracious host was in the middle of the night. All of the doors were closed. I paced the hallway at least twice (it's a large hallway) a little worried, when I passed our overflow pantry closet. (yes, it's upstairs. I have more food than linens, I suppose) It took a moment, but it jogged my memory enough to remind me that I was in fact at home and Lexi was not so "snug as a bug in a rug" in her own little bed. It was a funny feeling. I guess it gives me an appreciation to how the kiddos might feel waking up in 11 different locations through out the summer!

2 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

that's pretty funny. when Karl used to pull alerts he would get really confused and had a hard time orienting himself if he woke up in the middle of the night.

The Addams Family said...

Glad you made it back in one piece! It looks like you had a great trip! I'm always amazed at how adventurous you guys are!