CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Super Spy

Since I decided to take the summer off from the blog, I am so very behind in everything. We have some great photos and memories that I want to put on here. I keep putting it off, trying to decide if it's worth the effort or not. I decided that I will post some of my favorite things so they will be included in what has become our family journal.
T Jay's eighth birthday was on August 13. He wanted a spy party. Jess and I planned a huge mission (scavenger hunt) to find and diffuse a bomb. It included walkie talkies, cell phone, binoculars, a BB gun, voice recorder, and plenty of codes and mysteries to figure out.
Here they are pulling their clue out of the lake.

Jess put letters to the clue inside balloons and the kids had to shoot the balloon to get the letters out and then figure out what word it was. It sent them up to my room to use binoculars to look out into the woods and read a sign which sent them to the dryer, where they found...

The bomb! Which they diffused by wacking it! Not normal protocal! They had tons of fun running from clue to clue. His birthday was so much fun.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Look at you! So creative! Happy Birthday TJAY (and Matthew too)