CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 30, 2012

Thank you sir! May I have another?

After I got my new phone, the kids wanted to play on it constantly. I couldn't get a turn on it, because my kids were so busy playing games on it. We decided that we wanted to buy an iPod touch for them to play with, so that in case they broke it, they didn't ruin my expensive phone. Once we had that, they all decided that they each wanted one of their own. Sharing wasn't as much fun as we told them it would be. Jess told them that if they saved up half, he would pay for the other half. This ignited a frenzy. Each of them looking for ways to earn money. I told them that each quarter of a mile that they ran, I would pay them $.10 and if they ran one whole mile they could earn $.50 per mile. Jess, again, took it one step further and told them for every 100 miles cumulatively they ran, he would give them $20. He also told them that for every 3 miles they ran cumulatively, he would do 5 miles, either running or on his bike. Guess who was up at 5:45 this morning, using the Nike gps app on the iPod, touch, running laps around the house? TJ and Summer each ran about 3 miles around our house this morning! Jess wasn't even out of bed yet, and he was down 5 miles! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful thing!

No comments: