CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Washington D.C.

I finally made it to Washington D.C.!  I have been wanting to go here for years.  I got to spend a whole week without my kids (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!) in a city that has more museums than I could see.  Although I didn't even scratch the surface, I did my best!  We also went to Mt. Vernon, Lincoln's summer home, a few historic homes and I got to see my best friend from middle school!  Score!
 The WW II memorial.  I left here wanting to research the symbolism of it so I could understand what all of it meant.  In fact, everything in D.C.  made me want to research something!
 The Mall at sunset.
 I loved this memorial.  After, we went to see the movie Lincoln and also had food from Afghanistan.  Such a great night!
 The museum at Ford's theater. 
 
 Pretty please?!!  The Hope diamond at the museum of natural history.
The Washington D.C. temple.

No comments: