CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 22, 2007

"The bright lights are Jesus' robe!"

Here is a great conversation that I had with T. Jay on the way into to town today:

TJay: "Mom, do you know what that bright light is?" (the sun)
Me: " yes, TJay, it's the sun."
TJay: "Nope, that brightness is Jesus' robe. It's really bright and it makes it all light."
Me: "really?"
TJay: "yep, it's Jesus and all of the angel's robes that make it so bright."
*I then tried to explain to him that Jesus was in Heaven with the angels, and the sun gave us our light. I was met with this:
TJay: "Uh huh, because I saw a picture of Jesus at church and his robe was so bright and he was on a cloud and the land was under him! And that's why Jesus' robe is the bright light, it's so bright."

Isn't that cute and funny? It is really fun to listen to his take on things.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

He must have the best mom in the world! I love you!!

The Escape Artist said...

That is kind of funny. I posted from your account when it was still open. People will think you love yourself! Ha Ha. I love you too!

Maggie Roe said...

1) Your kid (TJay) is pretty intuitive. I love hearing about the way he sees things in life. It reminds me that there are more important things then the computer I sit in front of each day, and that playing hookie with James to run in the park is definitely worth it!

2) Your other kid (Jess) is pretty intuitive, too. He knows that TJay has the best mom in the world! (Well, for TJay, Summer, and Matthew... James kind of prefers me, to be quite honest! But then again, he hasn't me you yet!) I love to see Jess play around with you and your email. It is quite humerous.

Jamie said...

Kell, TJay must know THIS scripture in D&C 88 (one of my favorite sections EVER)...
6 He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;
7 Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.

GREAT story! And I love that picture he's talking about--I used to use it on my mission and tell everyone that Jesus was returning to Arizona--see? That's the DESERT below him! ;)