CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 16, 2007

100 things about me

I'm not sure there are 100, but here goes...

1. I never had a middle name growing up
2. people never believed me, they just thought it was so bad I was hiding it.
3. They made up middle names for me, Ann was the most common.
4. Riggs is my middle name now and I love it.
5. My daughter, Summer, will have the same experience.
6. I have 4 brothers
7. I have three kids, 5 if you count Jess and the cat, which I do often.
8. My bachelors degree is in History.
9. I never got above a C in a history class until I was married, then I begun to get practically straight A's in every subject. Hmmmm!
10. I love to run, especially outside on a nice spring day.
11. I love desserts with mint chocolate in them.
12. I am not a fan of feet. My kids feet are the only ones I will touch as a general rule.
13. I like to read, especially historical fiction.
14. My favorite drink is 1/2 lemonade & 1/2 Sprite.
15. I was a lifeguard for 4 years
16. I love to swim.
17. We go to the pool almost everyday in the summer.
18. I want 4 kids. I used to want more, but the more we have, the less I want. How bad is that?!
19. I love chips and fresh salsa.
20. My favorite place to travel is Hawaii, but there are a lot of places that I haven't been yet.
21. My favorite trip is one we took to Hawaii for Rich's (Jess' bro.) college graduation. We took Kevin and Chris with us and his whole family was there. It was so much fun!
22. We own a ranch in MT with Jess' family.
23. I love to go hiking.
24. I did a 7 mile hike while 5 months pregnant with T.Jay. My feet were tired, but I felt very strong.
25. My favorite color is purple, lavender or plum.
26. My favorite color to wear is probably pink.
27. I love to put bows in Summer's hair.
28. I love the way my kids smell after a bath.
29. I lived in Germany when I was in Middle school.
30. I love french fries.
31. My favorite Blizzard is the Brownie batter one.
32. I love to cook. I make soup pretty well.
33. I also love to bake. Chocolate cookies with Andes mint chips are my specialty. And a triple chocolate cake.
34. Did I say I love chocolate?!!
35. My favorite part about being a Mom is coming up with something new that they are interested in and then watching them explore it.
36. I am also a fan of the hugs and kisses.
37. I absolutely love it when my kids say something that I use to describe something.
38. My favorite right now is Summer saying, "well" before she answers my questions. T Jay's is when he says,"actually!" I just love it!
39. I played on the high school golf team.
40. I love to play basketball and softball but I am not particularly good at either. I am OK with that
41. My shoe size is 8
42. I love to go camping.
43. I am taking up cake decorating.
44. I am not a phone talker. I say what needs to be said and then usually get off.
45. I am a Mary Kay consultant, I don't sell, I just buy for myself.
46. I'm a sucker for a good deal.
47. I love to shop at Ann Taylor. I always search for the great sales!
48. I do not like vanilla ice cream unless there is chocolate mixed in somehow.
49. I had apple pie for the first time this past year.
50. It was made from apples in the orchard at our ranch. I love apple pie.
51. I used to always say I didn't like a dessert unless there was chocolate in it. I am learning that isn't true.
52. My favorite movie is Legally Blonde.
53. I love Anne of Green Gables.
54. I love fresh fish, especially salmon.
55. The best Salmon I have ever had, we made at home in Del Rio with some salmon brought to us from Ryan's Alaskan fishing trip.
56. I love to watch TV.
57. My favorite shows are: Ugly Betty, Gilmore Girls, and Grey's Anatomy. I also like to watch American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.
58. I know how to clog.
59. When my kids are in school, I want to take dancing lessons.
60. I love to be outside.
61. I like to sit and read outside while my kids play.
62. I don't really like to bike ride because the seat hurts my bum.
63. I want to get a "grandma bike" to solve that problem.
64. I love the beach, but I am slightly afraid of the ocean. I don't like not being able to see what might bite me.
65. I swim in the ocean anyways.
64. I like to snorkel.
65. I have been to 29 states
66. I have been to 14 countries.
67. I have ridden in a bullet proof car in Bogota.
68. I have hammered my own piece of the Berlin wall.
69. I love a clean house.
70. Everything has it's own place.
71. I wash my feet every night before I go to bed.
72. Vacuuming is my favorite chore. I think it makes the biggest difference & it's easy.
73. I do not like to dust. As luck would have it, I live in a very dusty house.
74. I iron EVERYTHING. (accept underwear) It's very time consuming. I would love to hire an iron-er!
75. I love to get real mail.
76. I love stationary.
77. My longest friendship is with Brenda whom I've know since 1988! We still keep in touch.
78. I love to decorate
79. I love to host parties. I like all of the details.
80. I like to sew. I want to learn to sew clothes.
81. I like scrapbooks, but I am not very diligent in doing it.
82. I love to make homemade cards.
83. I like to make other people happy.
84. I am a sucker for little girls clothes.
85. I like to take long walks with Jess, he's my best friend. I realize that more every day.
86. I love purple tulips.
87. I would love to go visit the tulip gardens in Holland with Jess.
88. I want to tour Europe with Jess.
89. I love music, but am not a good singer.
90. I love feta cheese on my salads.
91. I love ice cold water.
92. I have been to 3 concerts in my life, New Kids on the Block, Black hawk, and Mormon Tab. Choir.
93. My favorite state is Montana. This thrills Jess.
94. I love Cheese pizza, especially from Pap Johns.
95. I love family pictures.
96. I would love to work at a museum someday.
97. I am retired, I just don't have any money!
98. I want to see all of the Smithsonian someday.
99. I am 5'7".
100. I like to learn new tricks and tips to make things easier.

Whew, that was a little hard. Enjoy. Did I surprise you on anything?

2 comments:

Cara Fish said...

for sure you surprised me on some. the washing your feet every night killed me. i laughed out loud. we do have a lot in common. that makes me happy because you are one of my "idols."

Maggie Roe said...

I didn't know that you knew how to clog. Can you show me sometime?