CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I chanced to meet a frown!


(This picture was taken in August in front of one of the sunflower fields-they have wheat in their mouths.)

Today T Jay made my heart swell several times. Today was the children's Primary program in Sacrament meeting today. T Jay has not gone up to the front yet to participate in any program or song. He has such shy tendencies. When he woke up this morning, we practiced his part several times until he had it memorized. He is so smart! When it was time, he went right up and sat so nicely on the stand. He waved at me a few times, smiled and nodded in a "look how great I'm doing" way and even sang a few parts of a few songs. I teared up just a dab thinking about what a sweet, special and yes, big boy I have got on my hands. When it was his turn, he went right to the pulpit and said, "My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I know that he is my Savior and Redeemer." He gave me a quick smile and then sat down. When he was seated, he looked at me for my approving smile, nod and thumbs up! During this whole time, Summer kept asking to go up and sing and talk. I kept telling her that next year she would be old enough. Right at the end, I told her that she could go up and sit on Jess' lap. She folded her arms and slowly walked up to the stand. Instead of going straight back to where Jess was sitting, she opted to take a right and head toward T Jay. She stood by him as the closing hymn was sung. During the whole song, T Jay put his arm around her, patted her shoulder, pointed to me, put her head on his shoulder, and I even think I saw him trying to move her mouth by her chin in an attempt to get her to sing with him. All the while giving me this "look how well I can take care of my girl" smile! Cue melting heart!
On the way home from church, Matthew was fussing because he was tired. I was making frowning faces at him to try and make him laugh. T Jay looked at me and asked, "Mom, why are you chancing to meet a frown? You should chance to meet a smile." For those of you who don't know, there is a Primary song from Church called "Smiles" that goes like this: "If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay. Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away. No one likes a frowning face. Change it for a smile. Make the world a better place by smiling all the while."

My sweet baby boy is growing up! Sigh.

2 comments:

The Addams Family said...

What a cute and sensitive guy you have on your hands! I'm glad he's doing okay with his cast. I remember learning about Kohler's disease in school. As I remember, it is a very, very rare thing and will heal completely on its own, with no residual effects later in life. It sounds like you had a great Sunday today!

Seth said...

What a sweet boy! You're children seem so great and really love each other. What a great mom you are!