CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

We made it to Colorado!

We are another step closer to getting to Florida! We have had a busy few weeks since I last posted, so here's a quick update. We went to Florida For 5 days to look for a house. WE intended to buy a house while we were out there, but once we got there, we decided to rent for a year and keep looking for a house. We decided this for a couple of reasons. We wanted to be firm in what our budget will be and we want to test the area we picked a little before we purchase. We have rented an awesome 5 bedroom house, so we have plenty of room for friends and family to come and visit! Disney World is only a short drive!
When we got back to Jess' parents house, the kids were happy to see us! We played in MT Saturday, Cousin Hannah Beth Gray was blessed at church on Sunday and then we loaded up for the drive to CO on Monday. The kids did great in the car! I was really impressed with them. We made the trip in "before we had kids time!" The next day I went to the Dr with Summer and Matthew. Summer has lost one of her tubes that she got in her ear, and Matthew had really bad congestion due to allergies, we think. I had sinus problems as well as Bronchitis. I stayed in bed practically 2 1/2 days! That has never happened to me before! I am finally feeling better, but still have a really pretty cough. My kids are all taking turns with fevers, so we haven't yet begun to enjoy Colorado.
Jess did get to pick up his new Toyota Prius on Tuesday! He is having a great time learning all about it and challenging the fuel efficiency! He leaves on Monday to head to Florida. He starts work on January 28th and then we get the house on Feb. 1st. Hopefully Jess will have a great head start on the house by the time I get there!

6 comments:

Maggie Roe said...

I hope that you guys start feeling better soon. And I'll be glad when you are all in Florida, the house is organized, and you are back on a schedule. I miss our talks!

I am really getting excited for you guys. A whole new world is out there for you. Ahhh...non-military life. What a difference!

Happy said...

Wow, I hope you all are feeling better! Sickness is rough, especially when mom's got it too! I'm so excited about you guys heading to FL. Good idea about renting for a year. That's our plan when Jared starts working too.

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!! Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well--that's never fun. I'll keep checking in to your blog to see what you are up to. Safe traveling!!!

Seth said...

I'm sorry you have been sick. No fun! Thanks for keeping us posted on your traveling. I'm excited for you new house! How fun! Great idea to rent! Keep us posted! Hope you are feeling better.

The Holmgrens said...

I tagged you. I hope you like Blogger games. Check my blog. I've never played before. Good luck with everything.

Kristin said...

I have to admit, I was on your blog as well, but I wasn't sure if you would remember us. Your blog is adorable, as well as your children! Congrats on all the big changes going on! - Kristin