CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Fly Lady

A friend of mine introduced me to a book called "Sink Reflections" by Marla Cilley. In this book, she has a lot of great ideas for becoming organized and setting daily routines in pretty minimal time. Even though I am typically a very organized person, I have had a hard time keeping up with the size of this house. She has an awesome idea called "zone cleaning" where you spend a week in 1 of 5 zones of your house for 15 minutes each day! That seems pretty do-able to me, we'll see.
I told T. Jay that we were going to change how we were doing some things so that we could have a cleaner house. He asked how and I told him that they (the kids) were going to have to pitch in and help. He said, "You mean like slaves?" I kid you not! I don't know where he has learned about slavery, but I guess I've got some re-teaching to do. I told him that they would be responsible for keeping their things put away. Anyway, we'll see how it all goes, but I am optimistic. If any of you are interested, check out her website: www.flylady.net

5 comments:

Maria said...

hahahaha...he is funny!

The Schooley's said...

Slaves hu? He comes up with the best one liners!! I love T jay!!

Jamie said...

Funny Boy! Fly Lady helped me get a handle on things when I had Heidi. I don't always put on my shoes, but I always shine my sink! ;)

I am glad you are blogging again--I for one am a big fan of the mundane! ;)

We love and miss you!

PS:Congrats on your little March bundle--I dont' know if I ever said that when Jess told us, but we're excited for another cute cousin! XOXOXO

Nicole said...

Thanks for the website-I already went and snooped around and the ideas are pretty interesting...maybe I'll have to get the book! TJ is so funny!

5 little speckled frogs said...

I love the flylady...I'm not disciplined enough to keep up with it to quite her standards, but I've definitely used her ideas a lot. Good luck! Keeping up with 3 & 1 on the way isn't easy! Something about being way outnumbered...Congrats too!