CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Hottest Pumpkin Patch EVER!

I bet you are wondering how a pumpkin patch can be hot, right? Well, in our nice little section on the globe it was 85 degrees on Saturday, at least that is what the thermometer said. I think it was lying. I think it was more like 90 degrees, or maybe higher. I kept having to go and stand in the shade while the kids chose their pumpkins. I know, I'm a wimp. If we were there 20 minutes, I would be surprised! We are really missing fall right now! We are trying to focus on the good things about living in a place with perpetual summer! Suggestions anyone?
T Jay loved this little wheel barrow. Matthew kept trying to walk off with it and T Jay didn't understand why he had to carry all of the pumpkins in there and not just his own.
Matthew having a modified hay ride!
Matthew rearranged about 1/8 of the little pumpkin patch in the 20 minutes we were there. He kept bringing us pumpkin after pumpkin. We kept the first one and set the rest down where ever we were. Luckily, they didn't seem to have them organized any certain way.
With our pumpkins chosen, we ran for the car and blasted the A/C! Ahhh, nothing like a Florida Fall, I mean the summer that will never end!
On a positive note, yesterday was pretty nice. We were even able to stop and play at the park after getting T Jay from school. Usually we walk home as quickly as possible to get out of the heat! We even rode bikes outside! My brother says we should be used to the weather in 2 years, I think I can, I think I can...

2 comments:

The Addams Family said...

We're in the same boat. We still have 85+ degrees here right now; no clouds, no rain, no cool air, just HOT. I seriously miss living in New Jersey at this time of year. It was cool and beautiful there in the fall. I have no advice, except that it's kind of nice to wear cute sandals year round!

The Schooley's said...

I'm pretty sure I will be chanting the same thing in a few months. The only bad thing for me, is that you are WAY more patient than I!! It was great to see the pix!! How are you feeling??