CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cross walks

Have any of you noticed that cross walks with out a WALK/DON"T WALK system have completely been demoted? The other day I was driving and stopped for a pedestrian and she just stood there and stared at me for a few seconds, not realizing that she was in fact at a cross walk and I was stopped for her. On the flip side, I was walking while T Jay and Summer were riding their bikes. When we came to a cross walk, one driver stopped and let T Jay cross, while a second driver sped through before Summer and I had a chance to cross! That was even in our neighborhood. It's almost like they have become the game board for playing "Chicken"! Soon they might start having some sort of score keeping system at each one! See who is more brave, the motorists or the pedestrian! I bet I can guess!

2 comments:

Buxton Family said...

Ditto!

Happy said...

Good point, I've wondered many times if people think the crosswalk laws don't exist anymore. In Norway they are a big deal b/c everyone rides the bus and walks everywhere, so people just stepped out into the crosswalk anytime!