CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So far...

So, no Luck O' the Irish here when it comes to baby having so far. My Mom arrives today, so maybe the "you'd better not have that baby before I get there" directive will expire and we can get down to business! Just kidding, Mom! I'll keep ya posted! For now, here's what we've been up to:
Summer began taking gymnastics a few weeks ago and loves it. She has been furiously working on her cart wheels and has gotten a lot better. T Jay thought that "all of the stuff she gets to play with" during class was "way cooler" than what he got to play with during tennis so he opted to take gymnastics, too. I have a one activity per child rule, so he had to pick. Am I mean or what?!
On Sunday evening we drove to Titusville to let the kids see their first Space Shuttle. I forgot from my previous time in FL that when your camera sits in the A/C and then you try to use it outside, you get a foggy lens. So, all of our pics are a little hazy. We drove up just in time for the kids to climb on the roof (secretly their favorite part, I think.) and watch it go.
This is the best shot we got. It was a really neat launch because it was pretty dark down low, but the higher it got, there was more light because the sun was still in the process of setting. We hit two different sets of traffic (a wreck and construction), which does not bring out the best in me (I get really irritable). We added an extra hour and a half on to our drive. I am glad we went, though.
Here is our little Irish Princess for St Patty's day. When asked to lay her clothes out, she found every green article of clothing that she owns! It is really hard for me to let her dress herself some days. This one didn't turn out as bad as I initially thought.
I learned something new yesterday. I didn't know that Leprechauns were mischievous. T. Jay was telling me all about his classroom run ins with a naughty leprechaun. Apparently I need to read up on the traditions and fables of St. Patty's day.

6 comments:

Buxton Family said...

Sorry no baby yet. What a great opportunity to watch the shuttle launch. I have yet to do that. It is hard for me to let my girls pick out their own clothes as well. If it isn't too bad, I just bite my tongue, but sometimes I can't let them leave wearing an outfit. Especially now they are older and face the fear of public humiliation at school.

taggdarci said...

We're so excited for you to have your baby! Keep us posted! Summer is SO, SO cute!!! I miss you guys! How exciting to watch the Space Shuttle - and to be using A/C, we're jealous all around! :o) Best wishes!

The State of Our Family said...

That is one cute Irish princess!

Jill said...

The shuttle launch was awesome! I definitely feel for you though with the drive. They'll remember the experience though. It was nice to be 20 minutes from the river to see it. :)
Hopefully that baby comes soon and I'm glad it hung out in there so grandma could be there.

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

How fun! It makes the "waiting game" for your new baby arrival much easier when you ahve so much to distract you doesn't it? I know w/ Rylan at this point I was going crazy & this time as soon as I start thinking about when he might come something needs my attention & off I go.... LOL I guessed tomorrow, so good luck!

The Schooley's said...

Love the pix of Summer as the Irish princess!! Soooo cute. She is getting so tall. Hope the baby comes soon!! I'm still sending the vibe. Love you!