CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's been a big week...

So I told myself about two weeks ago that I would potty train Matthew when I was out of diapers. Well, that happened about a week ago, so I moved on to a stash of Pull-ups that I had on hand. Monday I finally decided to do the loathsome task. I use a book called Toilet Training in Less than a day (T.Jay was trained in one day). Well, at least what I can remember from it. I had Matthew in the bathroom for most of the morning, so we brought a few toys in to keep him happy. All I can say is Matthew has quite the bladder. I gave him a ton to drink, and it took him over an hour to go the first time. He's not complete, but most of his pees go in the toilet and about half of his poopies. He says, "oh, I gotta go potty." and he runs off! It's funny, I told him that the pocket on his underwear goes in the front, so he runs around going, "where's my pocket, oh there it is!" I am also trying to convince him that he is not a rack to hang things from!
The Lab
My supplies. Lots of drinks, check. Towels, Check. Bucket for wet undies, check.

Summer "babysat" Lexi for me while I was working with Matthew. She was so pleased with herself!
Matthew posing in his new digs.

This is how he does it. Notice the toilet paper has already been removed. I re-rolled yards of paper already. If you come to my house, you'll have to take the toilet paper in with you!
And so it goes, wish us clean and dry days to come.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Yeah to only one kid in diapers at a time! :) Scott learned facing the back too-that's just how he wanted to do it and it was a lot more accurate that way if you ask me!

Lana said...

We got Amanda a Elmo potty.She dose sit on and try. I will be potty tranning Amanda soon too.

The Schooley's said...

ahhhhh, that is awesome! Way to go Matthew! The kids look so big. Both my boys freaked when they saw the pictures of them.

Janet said...

Put cheerios or froot loops in the toilet for aiming purposes. :)
About the chocolate mask thing. Of course you can use any ideas you want. Where do you think I get most of my ideas - from other people! We actually had an entire chocolate themed enrichment where we did the mask, the lip gloss, someone taught how to use chocolate in recipes other than desserts, like bread or chili. We had a chocolate fountain with all the fixin's and played bingo using hershey kisses as the chips. I'm sure you could come up with even more, but it was a hit.

Gladys said...

Way to go Matthew! I hope all is going well in the bathroom. :)