CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Road trip!

We made it to Colorado in one piece!
I have to admit, I was pretty nervous the night before we left, kind of wondering, "what was I thinking?" I can't believe that I get to say this, but the drive was fun. We took six days to drive out here. Our first leg was to Atlanta, where we spent the entire next day with my high school friend Maggie. Then we drove to my Dad's in Tennessee. We took the kids boating and I got to revisit my high school days in FL when we used to go water skiing. I must admit that I didn't really want to get in the dirty lake water, but I knew that I would regret it if I didn't try. I get to report that I did pretty good. I got up and was even able to drop a ski in an attempt to slalom, but wiped out shortly after. I also tried knee boarding. It was kind of strange doing that and not having my brothers egging my Dad on to throw me off! T. Jay and Summer also tried knee boarding and they loved it! I can't believe that they were able to hang on, but they were. Matthew even wanted to try. I wish we had had the time to let him try, I bet money he would have done it!
After that, we drove to Topeka, KS and stayed at the "best hotel ever!" according to T. Jay. It had a spiral water slide that kept the kiddie kats busy for an hour and a half. Up the big flight of stairs, down the slide, swim to the side and do it again. It was so fun to watch their joy and bed time was a piece of cake! Mission accomplished!
On the sixth day, we got to Mom's and the kids have had a great time playing on her swing set and having free run of the fenced back yard. We will be here for two weeks and then head up to MT for another round of fun there! Adventure everywhere! I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Happy said...

Wow, you are amazing!!! Driving across the country with 4 kids, one of which is a nursing baby?!?! I am seriously in awe!!! Glad to see an update- keep 'em coming!

5 little speckled frogs said...

I hope to be as cool a mom as you someday...even just partly as cool. You really are brave, Kelli & so independent! Wow! Mom of the year award to you!

schlenskefamily said...

Woohoo! Adventurous and fun. I hope you have a great time! By the way, it was so fun to see Jess here awhile back! Thanks for visiting, Jess.

Buxton Family said...

You have more guts than I do. I'm glad you made it safely.

The Schooley's said...

Glad you stayed in the best hotel ever! TJay is awesome. Glad the kids did well and that you are there safely.