CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Insane?


About a week ago Kelli and I were talking about how hot and muggy Florida is and also how fast our kids are growing up. Kelli was a bit sad that we live so far from the Grandparents. She had a thought about how to resolve all of the aforementioned issues on Sunday night, looked over at me and said, "I'm going to spend the next month and a half in Colorado, Utah, and Montana." I looked at her, and taking her only half serious, said "OK". She then said, "And I'm leaving on Wednesday", which she did!


My wife is totally awesome. She is by far the best mother that I know. She handles 4 (5 if you count me - which she regularly does) kids with the grace and ease of an angel. She handles our 4 kids better than most people handle 1 or 2. Those of you who know her can attest to this. Even with this super-human mothering ability I wondered aloud if 3000 miles wouldn't be a bit much with just her and 4 small children in the car. To make my point very clear I told her that for the record, I thought she was insane. Tonight she is in Topeka, Kansas and so far the kids have been wonderful.
Secretly I am glad that she up and left since I now have the chance to meet her in Montana, spend a week on our ranch on the Yellowstone River, and make some great memories with my family!


7 comments:

taggdarci said...

Kelli is super woman/mom! Will she be traveling thru Southeast Idaho??? We're in Rigby, so if she's close, I'd love to drive and meet up. Please have her call me and maybe we can work out the details. :o) 208-716-0554 Thanks, Darci

Anonymous said...

we'll be in Montana too! Have a fun trip!

Gladys said...

That sounds like soooo much fun! Tell her hello. We hope you have blast together. We all have to get together soon because our kids have been talking about wanting to see your kids. HAVE FUN!!!

Aunt Maggie said...

I, for one, am really glad that she decided to do this. And I take great pride in being the first layover of the trip. We had a great time with her and the kids, and James reminds me each time he sees the four waterguns in the garage that his friends left their waterguns and they need to stop by on their way back to get them. I'm all for it.

And Jess, you are so right. She handles the kids with such ease and grace. I have a lot to learn from her. Granted, your children are from good genes and are very well behaved, but I attribute that to good parenting just as much as good genes.

I tried to get her to leave Matthew with me on multiple occassions, but she relented. She almost lost the keys (which, I'd love to say was a strategic move on my part, but it wasn't) and got to stay a bit longer, but she did find them. Oh well.

You picked a good one, Jess. I'm proud to have had her as my best friend for, oh, the past 17 years. Wow...17 years. I didn't realize it was THAT LONG! Holy smokes!

Amy said...

What an adventure! Good for Kelli. I'm amazed.

The State of Our Family said...

One word: WOW!

Alice said...

I agree, Jess. Kelli has the patience and sweetness of an angel and really seems to always live in the moment and really enjoy her children (and hubby!). She's a gem!!