CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Colorado

We got to spend two weeks in CO with my Mom and we had a blast. Here are a few (OK, more than a few!) photos of the visit.
We went to the fountains downtown and had a picnic. It was a little chilly to get wet, but heaven for me.
Proof that Matthew has another speed besides on. It's called off!
The very first thing that T. Jay wanted to do was go to Mr Bigg's. It a huge arcade, bowling, jumpy, go-cart, little Bigg town place. Here they are playing in the ball room. There are air guns all over the room that shoot these foam balls. The kids had a blast in here.
Grammy protected Lexi from any stray balls flying her way!
We also went to the Denver zoo. It was a great day. Although here our second stomach bug outbreak (Summer) took place while watching the Monkeys. Later that night, Uncle Chris and Aunt Brittany also succumbed while T Jay got to enjoy round two the next day.
You can't drink form the hose like that in FL! The water is too hot! Of course, one should pace oneself...
We went on a great hike! Oh, why is Matthew pant-less you are wondering? Well, when we got to CO he decided that the toilet was overrated and opted instead for his pants. While on the hike he kept acting like he was going to use the bathroom (#2)but refused and so I just took them off. I didn't have extra clothes, nor enough wipes to clean up such a mess. I finally got him over it with unholy amounts of sugar and hosing him off in the yard with the lovely CO glacier water! Terrible, I know, but a girls got to do something!
The view from the start of our hike with Aunt Lana, Uncle Carson and Amanda.
Summer and I went with Grammy and the sisters-in-law in town (we missed you Nicole and Katherine) to have a mani-pedi! Great fun and Summer ate up the girli-ness of it all.
Hugely underrepresented in this post, so a little slice of cutie pie for you!
Note that row of cups on the wall behind you. Having a Mother who barely (if at all) scrapes the 5 foot mark (sorry, Mom) I have to be mindful of myself at all times in her house. These cups that are eye level for her are right at shoulder level for me. I can't tell you how many times I chimed those cups walking by! It's a little like being an almost giant in an almost little persons house! stools everywhere, etc.! I love you Mom!
We got to go to my Mom's church picnic with her. The kids had tons of fun running around this huge park. Oh, that sweet face! I cna't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the awesome, dry weather in CO. I loved the cool nights. I wanted to sit in lawnchair outside and just enjoy being cold on Mother Nature's dime!
The children got to bath and walk my Mom's dog "Magic (pronounced majeeck)." They loved playing with him, and his really cool retractable leash. By the way, those kinds of leashes are good for way more than just walking dogs!
We went to Garden of the Gods to climb around and play with Uncle Carson's rock crawlers.
Anyone else nervous? I had him put his monkey backpack on right after I took this. I really didn't need to lose him over the cliffs! No fear, I tell you.
Summer coming down with the little car. I love this park. Great hiking trails and beautiful scenery. Jess and I went one of our first dates here to see the sun rise.
All of the cousins present posing for a picture. Amanda (Carson) and Caevin (Chris) and Brittany (Chris' wife) are on the right.
Check out the storm in the background! I had two requests for my trip. One was obviously to survive and enjoy the trip and the other was that I could have at least one cold, rainy day. I love rain, which we have plenty of here in FL, but I really love cold rain. I was blessed abundantly, I think I got three or four rainy days in CO and even more in MT.
So, that was our trip to CO, plus lots of cousin time & relaxing. Oh and remember that post where Jess and I declared our independence from being obsessed with desserts, well that didn't work on vacation! My brother Chris and I made cookies several times and compared notes. We used to call Chris "cookie boy" when we were kids because he always made cookies for the fam. Thanks for the fun visit, Mom!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute pictures! Wish we could have been there too! The kids are getting so big and Alexis is the cutest thing ever! Love her big smile!

The Schooley's said...

Looks like sooo much fun. Love that you put Matthew's monkey pack on him. He is aweseome. Alexis is sooooo cute. Wish I could hold her!