CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Testing

There's a quote from the movie Happy Gilmore that I love. It goes like this:
(After being reprimanded for violent outbursts on the golf course-referring to a broken rake)
Happy: "What! I didn't break it, I was just testing it's durability and then I placed it in the woods, because it's made of wood, and I just thought it should be with it's family."
This quote was brought to mind yesterday at the dinner table, and here's why-
I informed the children that they were going to start receiving two stickers each day, and when they had 20 stickers they will get to have an ice cream date with Mom or Dad. The kicker, they can lose stickers for making bad choices. So, at the table, we were talking about this and Summer was pushing T Jay's buttons. I informed her that was the type of thing that she would lose stickers for, once we began the program. She informed me that she "was just testing to see if that was an example of what probably would lose someone a sticker." Smart girl, perhaps a little too smart.

4 comments:

Happy said...

Smart girl!
Good to see you back on here! I can't believe your drive with FOUR kids, one of which is a nursing baby, went so incredibly well!! Wow! I'm so happy for you that it did!

The Addams Family said...

Ha ha! I'm laughing so hard right now! Summer's smart, that's for sure. And...I TiVo'd Happy Gilmore a long time ago and just watched it last night. I was crying because I was laughing so hard! That post just made my day!

The Schooley's said...

She does know how to "push the envelope" hu? I love it. I love that movie!!

The State of Our Family said...

She's a crack up! :)