CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Lesson on Compassion and Mercy

Tonight as I was putting T Jay and Summer to bed, they both wanted to fall asleep in my bed. I tucked them in with a kiss and a firm warning that if there was any goofing off they would be right back in their own beds. As I was heading up stairs for the baby's pj's, I hear them both laughing, talking and rolling around on the bed. I promptly sent them both back to their beds as promised. T Jay was feeling very unjustly dealt with and begged for a second chance. I told him I was sorry, but he knew what would happen if he goofed off and left him with another kiss. About two minutes later he comes downstairs and tells me he has something he wants to tell me.
"Mom, I learned a lesson from a Veggie Tales about compassion and mercy. You are supposed to give people a second chance, even if they don't deserve it, because that's what God wants us to do. So I think I should get a second chance to sleep in your bed."
Granted!!

2 comments:

Happy said...

So sweet!

Jamie said...

ha! that is so cute! we have that movie, too (jonah, right?)and my girls have used that one on me, too (but they used the 'god is a god of second chances" song). it's good that they are getting something out of the show. tjay is such a tender little soul!