CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Musicals

On Saturday, Summer and I went to see the local High School perform Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Summer sat mesmerized throughout the entire performance. (2 hours!) She was completely taken away by the dancing and singing. Her favorite part of the show was when she got to get up and dance in the aisle with two of the girls from the show. She keeps telling people it was kind of like she was in the show. Her favorite song was Benjamin's Calypso. After the show, we went to Target and she danced and twirled around the store while singing whatever words she could remember from the show. She listened to the soundtrack on Tuesday and then watched the DVD yesterday. I remember those days.
The first musical I went to, I was in middle school. It was Bye, Bye Birdie, and I came away with a full sized crush on Conrad Birdie! I wanted to sing and dance on stage just like those High School-ers. I didn't turn out to have much of a performing gift, but I love to watch others who do. I am excited to see what captivates each of my children. I can't wait to see where it takes them.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww. That is so cute! I love having nieces that get obsessed with musicals (as my girls haven't seemed to get too into it, although Addie is a fan of "Annie" and watches "Glee" with me sometimes). Jill's girls know Joseph by heart and there is nothing cuter that them singing "Any dream will do..." I got to see Donny in Joseph and I love it, too. So yay, Summer! Come over and watch Joseph (or Annie, or Fiddler or South Pacific or Sounf of Music) with us this summer!

Aunt Maggie said...

I love that you two are dressed alike, and I love, love, love your skirt. When you are tried of it, send it my way. :)

Glad that you two had a good time.