CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Top 10 places I want to visit

Jess and I both love to travel. I have been to a lot of places, 12 countries and 34 of the 50 states. Here is a short list of places I'd still like to hit:
1. New York City
2. Washington D.C. All historic sites and The Smithsonian (yes, all of it!)
3. I want to tour Europe with my Hubby. I lived in Germany when I was12-14, Jess has never been.
4. San Fransisco
5. Chile- This is where Jess served his mission.
6. Machu Pichu- I love ruins. I love imagining what ruins looked like and what life was like before they were ruins.
7. Ireland
8. Egypt- I have a fascination with tombs, mummies and how people lived during any time period!
9. Tuscany- Italian country life intrigues me greatly-ok, all of Italy does!
We have a plan to take a trip around the world when the kids are older. I like to plan what we/I would do at each location. It's fun to dream about. Where is your top destination?

7 comments:

The Addams Family said...

I'd love to go to Australia! That's my number one!

Happy said...

Can I come with your family when you do that? Jared isn't as into traveling as I am, so I need some serious travelers to tour with.
Also, I think you should mention what you discovered your love language to be, and how you told me you like to take care of people. Good stuff for people who care about you to know!

Rich said...

Yes Germany was on my bucket list as well! I got to check that one off!

The Schooley's said...

I'm with Happy, can I come too? We are shooting to get stationed somewhere in Europe after Japan so you will have a free place to stay! Hint hint! Love your list

Gladys said...

I have had the privelage of visiting some of the places you have talked about and others, but I have not been to Ireland yet. That is my top choice along with Scotland! Thank you for sharing. maybe we can all (you guys, Happy and Jared, us, and anyone else) take the trip together as couples one day. :)

Maggie Roe said...

Wow... I think you might have me beat when it comes to how many states and countries you have been to, but I might need to count. It's close. You, by far, have me beat on the western side of the US, that's for sure.

As for the rest, I'm shocked at some of the places you haven't been. Mainly, NYC and WDC.

1- NYC- Love it... I'll go with you.
2- WDC- Want to go back SO bad. Was there at 12. It's too young to appreciate.
3- Did a little tour of Europe when Jim was on international travel, but not a lot of it. London, mainly. Was great, but should have studied about it more before we left. Would have appreciated it more than I did.
4- SF- Loved, Loved, Loved this place. But I'm a wine drinker and we spent some time in wine country, too. Can't imagine you would relate to that.
5- Chile- never been. Plane trip? If so, I'm taking Jess, too, so we can communicate with the natives.
6- Machu Pichu- Jim is there now. Coincidence? Ha! How cool.
7- Ireland- another visit, thanks to Novell from good ol Provo, Utah. Spent almost a week there and it was beautiful. Wet, but beautiful.
8- Egypt- never been. Maybe a cruise would be nice with a pit stop.
9- Tuscany- Honeymoon. Stayed at a castle in wine country that Jim picked because it had my name in it. He's been back to my castle just to get me more wine. (see #4)
10- Where is 10? You left it off!

BTW- I love catching up on your blog!

Anonymous said...

So is Italy outside Europe?