CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve

We had the Missionaries over for Christmas Eve dinner. We had our traditional Cornish hens with mashed potatoes, veggies and other sides. Since the Elders are so far from home during the holidays, I wanted to bring a little piece of home here. I asked them what dishes they traditionally had at home for Christmas. For one of them, it was a salad that his Mom makes, and the other, it was Christopsomo. (Greek Christmas bread) A little e-mailing with their mothers and I had several recipes that hopefully brought them a little Christmas cheer. For the record, this bread is really yummy and I will definitely be making it again.

Our Manger scene with a run away Mary and Joseph patiently awaiting her return.

The Wiseman and the Angel join the scene. It was fun hearing the children tell the story of Jesus' birth.
The Elders watching the show.

The children always receive new PJ's on Christmas Eve. Since they always know what's coming, we send them on a scavenger hunt to find them. I tried to throw them off a little by putting all of the presents in one big box!

The Christmas Elf stopped by for a visit to "warn them" (Matthew's words) to go to bed. He always brings candy canes. This year the candy canes exploded into our house. Lexi may be scarred for life and I am sure that Matthew has issues with all Elf/Leprechaun people. It was really funny and exciting to the older half of our family, but the little ones had to be comforted a bit! They did race off to bed. It's really too bad that this little Elf couldn't visit every night. Bed time would be a snap.
The kiddos all ready for bed in their new jammies. Ho Ho Ho! Cookies to put out, reindeer to feed and then it's off to bed for these little dreamers...

2 comments:

Happy said...

I LOVE that you did that for the elders! That's really awesome, I'm going to have to remember that!

Maggie Roe said...

My boys both got the guitar jammies that Matthew is wearing. I love them!

Also, what is that tomato looking casserole on the counter? I want that recipe. Whatever it is, it looks delicious.

Can you share the bread recipe, too?

I miss you. It was great talking with you this afternoon, even if it was just for a few mintues.