CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Explanations

So clearly the posts have been sparse, if nonexistent as of late. Having now shared the reason, I'll elaborate a bit. So yes, 5 will be our number. Crazy! But we've always been a little crazy around here, so why should this surprise us? Anyway, a bit about how I do pregnant. Usually there's not much to tell, each one being a little more tired, and maybe a short wave of nausea followed by an ever growing basketball belly. Carrying boys seems to make me more tired in the first trimester, and I always want sweets with the girls and salty and sour anything with the boys. This one has definitley kicked things up a notch! We found out about this little surprise act on New Year's Eve day. This news was quickly followed by a family bout with a stomach bug. The symptoms and the utter exhaustion never left me, until just about 2 weeks ago! My house was left to take whatever was dished out, and I just watched the effects from the couch. My kids never seemed to notice my self induced "vacation." Odd, huh? Anyway, so I clearly have had no energy to keep up with my home or my kids, so naturally the blog was at the very bottom of the totem pole that is my life! Well, I'm back and feeling better and playing catch up. Just in case any of you are thinking of taking a vacation from responsibilities any time soon, I am still playing catch up around here and it's been two weeks. I'm not sure I would recommend it.
In other news, I (and Jess) have thought/known I was having a boy from the beginning. I went in last week to have an ultrasound to verify my due date. While she was looking at everything, she asked me if she could see the anatomy, did I want to know what I was having? I felt a little guilty that neither Jess nor the kids were with me, but I told her, "I already think it's a boy, but sure." She smiled and nodded that it was a boy. It was VERY obvious that it was a boy! And at only 14 weeks, too! For those of you who think I'm awful for not waiting for Jess, he didn't care at all. Like I said, we already knew anyway, just nice to have proof. So there you have it. I have several things to post that we have been up to that last few months. Maybe I'll get to it, maybe I won't. Perhaps a weekly retro post will take care of it.
Today's agenda holds cleaning the upstairs and moving small furniture off of the carpet because Wednesday, we are having our carpets cleaned. We are going to Orlando tonight so that we can surprise the kids with a Day at Islands of Adventure to see Harry Potter world tomorrow! I'm looking forward to a family day.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Another boy! Congrats!

Ronnie and Suzi said...

YAY for another boy!! You guys crack me up though...boy, girl, boy, girl...of course it's a boy! LOL! Glad you are starting to feel better!

Gladys said...

YEAH! Congratulations!! Hope you had FUn on your family outing. We loved seeing you all and hope to get together again soon!