CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Well, we made it to Montana! We are staying at "the ranch house" this time, and it is fabulous! The kids have been running free, like they should be able to, from sun up until bedtime every day with their cousins. The pirate ship tree house and costumes have been well usedand the rach kitty, well bothered! The boys are putting the final touches on our newly remodeled ranch house, which we will be renting out as a vacation rental starting next week. I'll post pictures of how awesome it looks after we clean and "check out" on Saturday.
Since we arrived on Thursday, here's what we have been up to. As we were travelling, Jess and T.Jay both picked up pink eye, so I scheduled an appointment for them to go to as we pulled into town. With eye drops in hand, we headed to the grocery store to pick up some non- fast food sustenance (thank goodness!) and headed out to the ranch. The kids feet hit the ground running, after a very strong lecture to stay away from the very high, very fast moving Yellowstone river. Friday was spent working. Jess, Mark and Rich worked on painting and installing the new deck while Mike continued his amazing rock work around the foundation. He was lucky enough to have a lot of little "helpers" eager to find fillers or run errands for him. I'm not really sure if it was a help or a hindrance, but he was really good about letting them "help" him.
Saturday was a little more deck and rock work, and then into Livingston for the annual fourth of July parade! It didn't disappoint! Lots of candy, vintage cars and plenty of music. And hot, certainly hot! I am now in love with several new vintage cars! There was a convertible Crystler Town and Country that was amazing as well as an old Chevy, a Dodge, a Corvette, Porsche and some amazingly cool old farm and ranch equipment! I need to figure a way to be friends with Jay Leno, it's the only way I can think of to fill my vintage car dreams. There are so many that I love! After the parade, everyone headed back out to the ranch for a family dinner. I stopped at Albertson's to get a few things and some fried chicken from the deli. The case was filled with chicken, so I asked the worker for the bulk chicken prices. He was very leery to sell me too much chicken, "because he needed to save some to feed the other people, but if I wanted to wait 15 minutes, he could whip me up a big batch." Hmmm, aren't I "people,"or at least person with money? And couldn't he whip up more once I was gone and cleaned him out? I guess not. I was able to get 20 pieces of chicken out of him, leaving a heaping mound of chicken in the case for "the other people!" Strange and funny at the same time! After we ate, Grandma had games planned for the kids. They had a three legged race, water balloon toss and a water relay. The kids were in Grandma heaven! They wore themselves out so thoroughly that bedtime was full weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth!
Sunday, we got up and ready for church. We had to head in early so that Jess could borrow a white shirt from Grandpa. Rich, Jess, Mark, Grandpa and a few others participated in the baby blessing of little Niles. After church was a lunch at Rich and Jamie's to celebrate Niles! Food, family and visiting- not a bad way to spend the Sabbath! We capped off the evening with a rain storm (my favorite) and adult visiting on the almost finished deck while watching the Yellowstone and taking in the breathtaking view!
Today's activities include our favorite hike up to Pinecreek Falls, a picnic, followed by another family BBQ, more kids games, s'mores and fireworks! I hope all of the kids can make it through the day, naps may be in order! I hope your 4th of July is enjoyable, leaving you time to ponder the beauty of our freedom! Happy 4th!

No comments: