CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 8, 2011

The past couple of days

The 4th of July hike was a big success! It was two miles, round trip, and I loved every minute of it. I was very tired at the end, though. T Jay and Summer raced up the trail like seasoned pros! At one point they played a game where you had to jump from rock to rock. Matthew hiked the entire way except for a few moments of riding on Daddy's shoulders and a short piggy back ride from me. I talked him into walking back down because my belly was so big I couldn't carry him. He and I hiked down together and it was fabulous one on one time. He asked questions, scrutinized nature, picked flowers and leaves for me and threw rocks at every bend in the creek. He sure has a very tight hold on my heart! Lexi even hiked the equivalent of one way herself. She caught a short nap in Daddy's arms on the way down. The hike earned the entire family a much needed nap! The family picnic was nice and the firework show was entertaining. The lawn caught fire a couple times, but Uncle Mike had the hose at the ready! It's kind of surprising what you can buy as a novice from the firework stand. I'm sure the ER was busy that weekend!
Tuesday I spent over two hours at the Honda dealer in Bozeman getting the appearance of my "check engine" light diagnosed. I had T Jay, Summer and Matthew with me. It could have gone really bad, we were only supposed to be there for a half an hour. The stars must have been aligned in my favor, because they were really good the entire time with not much to do- even Matthew!
Wednesday was pretty lazy. The kids played in the glacially cold water and I finished up my book. That evening Jess and I went to Chico Hot Springs for dinner. It was yummy! We had: Caprese salad (my all time fav right now), bruschetta, fresh from their garden salad, flilet mignon, an interesting (gourmet) and yummy version of a potato casserole, and an ice cream pie for dessert. I love great food! I am having my leftovers today!
Thursday we went into Livingston to Sacajawea park so the kids could play. They had a great time playing and I enjoyed watching them from the shade! We lunched at The Pickle Barrel (I always get the mushroom steak sandwich), got the boys a much needed haircut and then headed to the city pool. They have a diving board, so the kids were ecstatic! Luckily the water wasn't as cold as I had been preparing the kids that it would be. It was really refreshing. For the next two hours, the kids wore a path out from the diving board to the ladder and back around again. T Jay got brave enough to try a flip off and I am so glad I got some photos of the sheer joy on Matthew's face every time he jumped off. Cousins met us there, and Summer left the diving board in the dust for handstands and funny hairstyles with cousin Addie. We had a nice relaxing dinner at the ranch with Uncle Mike and s'mores by the river to cap off the evening. The kids borrowed Uncle Mikes tent and camped out in the basement. I am 85-90% finished with the hardest puzzle ever. I swore it's staying here whether I can finish it or not. Hopefully I will have it finished today, I'm not sure I can handle leaving it unfinished, I've got my pride to consider!
Today will probably be a lazy day and tomorrow will be filled with getting the ranch house cleaned up as we have renters checking in on Saturday afternoon. I hope your day is relaxing and fun. Be back before too long!

No comments: