CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pre-school...finally!

Matthew started pre-school last week! He has been so excited about this. Technically, he is eligible for Kindergarten this year, as CA's cut off date for school is in December. I would be insane to consider this, mainly because number 1: he hasn't been to any type of preschool yet and, number 2: have you met Matthew?!! We were holding off for FL's free voluntary pre-K program, but since we've moved to Cali, we get to pay for pre-school instead! Joy! Matthew is so happy and I love hearing about what he is doing at school, so it is totally worth it. He is in Miss Hope's Afternoon class in the zebra room. His class is from 1:15- 3:45 on Monday's, Wednesday's and Fridays. I have him on a waiting list to get into a morning class, as that would make my life infinitely easier because elementary school is out at 2:50. We'll see, but for now, Matthew is loving his time in school. He has asked me a few times to go to a school that does learning. He doesn't seem to understand the learning through play concept. And really, if I'm being honest, the whole reason he is there is to help him with his listening skills and to practice staying with group activities.


I bought this shirt for him, along with another one that says "danger seeker." I'm not sure if I should encourage this, but they are so fitting because let's face it, he's totally a danger seeker and nothing seems to be too extreme for him. I guess I need to embrace it, and keep the ER number on speed dial. Oddly enough, I haven't used it yet!

No comments: