CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful List for 2011

I was going to do a photo list for this, but I lack the desire to do it it while on the road, so words it is! I didn't get this out yesterday, because I was busy enjoying my family time. So, a day late, here is a list of the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. This isn't going to be a complete list as I (and you) don't want to be here all day! In no particular order.
1. Heavenly Father. He has made everything in my life possible. The blessings that make my life pleasant and the trials that help me learn, grow and appreciate the good things that I have. I hope that I can always focus on those blessings and appreciate the trials for what they are.
2. Jess. He is a great companion. He is always trying to make me happy and he works so hard for our family. He is nostalgic, and even though I tease him, I love it.
3. T Jay. He is so sweet. When I am upset, he always tries to cheer me up. He is a great big brother. He is also a great helper. I am so glad God sent him to me.
4. Summer. She is the most giving person I know. If someone is sad because they lost something or they don't have it, Summer will give up her own. She is an example to me. I am also enjoying our Mother daughter time together. She is fun to talk to. I look forward to so many more mother/daughter dates with her. I am also grateful that she wants to learn things that I know and be with me.
5. Matthew. He has the greatest zest for life. He is a great reminder to me to enjoy all there is in life. To take time to balance on the curbs, admire any unique thing in my path and enjoy what others have to offer. He is a champion snuggler and I am his favorite snuggling partner. A true gift in my life.
6. Alexis. Alexis is such a sweet little girl. Her voice makes me happy every time she opens her mouth. I just want to record everything she does and says! She is so happy, and it rubs off on us all.
7. Simon. Sweet little Simon. I am in love with this little baby. He was an unexpected blessing that I have enjoyed every moment of so far. He is a great sleeper, which I give thanks for almost every night. I love to hold him and watch him melt off to sleep in my arms. He has wooed us all.
8. Jess' job. I am so grateful that Jess has a good job and that we have what we need to take care of our family.
9. Our home. While it is not our dream house, I am so grateful to have a place to hang our hats, to keep us safe and warm.
10. A car. I am so thankful to have a car that is comfortable and runs well. It takes me any where I want to go. This week it was to CO to be with my brothers, Mom and their families.
11. Friends. They make the journey through life fun and enjoyable. I have met so many wonderful friends. I appreciate everything that I have learned and enjoyed from each one.
12. Church. I am so thankful for my church. I love the meetings, the things I learn from the classes and the support I get when attending each week.
13. Food. I love food. I like how I feel when I eat good, healthy food. My tongue loves how it feels when I eat yummy food!
14. Running. I am so glad I am able to run. I love a good adrenaline rush that comes when I run.
15. Jogging stroller. Thanks Tiffiny! I am so grateful to have an easy rolling way to move my brood around. I pack the younger 3 in it and head out to enjoy a jog. Every time I do, I think of the pioneers who had to use wooden carts with hard wheels. If I had to pick one baby item to have, that would be my choice.
16. Vacuum cleaner. I know, it's kind of odd. I love to vacuum! I love how my floors look when they are freshly vacuumed!
17. Reading. I love a good story. I love to escape into a different world for a little bit, and then return to my own.
18. History. I am thankful for the things we can learn from it.
19. Freedom. I am so glad that I have the freedom to make choices for my own life.
20. TV. I know it's kid of shallow, but I love to watch TV.
21. School and the ability to learn. I am so glad that my kids have access to education and that we can learn anything we want.
22. Warm clothes on a cold day
23. Grandparents. I am grateful for their stories, experiences and love.
24. Parents. A big part of who I am is because of them.
25. In laws. I have the best in-laws, and I know it!
There are a million other things that I am thankful for, but for this year, this is what comes to mind. My favorite quote this Thanksgiving season is, "Gratitude makes what you have enough."

No comments: