CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Road Trip!

We're off! We're on our way! To the best of all Thanksgiving Days!!


We are at it again. Hitting the road. Ready for adventure. Here's our itinerary for our Turkey trot across the desert. First stop, well, the first stop was a bathroom break in the middle of no where, but you know what I mean! The first stop was to Edwards AFB, my birthplace. I have only been there once before, but moved away as a baby, so I know nothing about it. My Mom was right, it is in the middle of nowhere! I can now say that I know where I was born, well at least which exit to take to get there and what the welcome sign looks like! We are staying in Vegas our first night. Now, Vegas isn't that interesting to me as I am not a gambler, drinker, clubber etc. but i think the lights of the strip and the unique hotels will make it a memorable stop for the kiddos, not to mention there aren't a lot of choices for hotels in the desert. Stop number 2 is Kanab, UT to visit my Dad and Grandma Great. It will be a short drive allowing us a nice little visit with Dad. Then it's a very long day to Colorado Springs with a stop at four corners monument for pictures. We will get into Colorado Springs Saturday night, along with two of my brothers. Yes, all five siblings and my Mom are getting together to give thanks! Sunday, Simon is being blessed in my Mom's ward. It will really be something to have Jess and all of my brothers participate in this special event. Other things on the agenda for the week: a lot of visiting, parks, touch football games, a 5k, temple visit, food, fun and family. I am so excited about all of this. Oh yeah, and did I mention that my mother will be hosting 5 of her kids, 13 of her grand kids for this visit. It will be cozy and memorable for sure!


We will head home on Black Friday, something that we avoid like the plague. Speaking of, isn't there a black plague? If so, it makes sense to name the busiest shopping day of the year after it! (yes, I know the real reason for the name!) Anyway, we are staying in Salt Lake the first night, so we can see the lights at temple square. I am REALLY excited to show the kids this sight. It is unbelievable. Reno is our other stop. Who knows what other gems we will stumble upon in our travels. I guess I'll let you know when I check back in. Until then, Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: