CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"So the Drama"


T Jay and Summer like to wake up early. Today was no different. 6 am and they were both flopping around on our bed, waiting for me to give them permission to get up. The more they wiggle, the earlier it is! I sent them both downstairs to play. I could hear them playing "Kim Possible" when Summer started crying due to some sort of injury. Bodily or emotional, I'm not sure. She stomps up stairs and goes into her room. My eyes are still closed, but I bet she flung herself on her bed!
This is her song of sorrow, (she's singing this) "I can't do anything cool, I'm not pretty I just like to dance." Jess and I are laying in bed listening to her and we just burst out laughing and called her in to talk to her. She came skipping into our room, saw that Jess was home and gave him a huge hug! She said that T Jay was being mean to her and that's why she was, "a little bit sad." I tell you this story not only because it's hilarious, but to pose a question. If this is what raising a three year old girl is like, what should I be doing to steel myself for puberty? I am a little bit scared!!

3 comments:

Cara Fish said...

I wish I could offer you any type of advice. When any of the little girls in the family are drama queens or sassy, they are compared to me. My teen years - well, left a little to be desired, I am sure. But, see? I turned out okay. Moral of the story: I am sure you should be "a little bit scared." :) But only a little bit.

Unknown said...

That is so funny!!! I love kids!! Yeah, the teenage years scare me to death every time Teya does the "talk to the hand" move and says, "NO!" (she's 19 months). Or whenever she faces the ground but glares up at us with just her eyes.

Happy said...

Oops, that comment from "visiting teaching" was me, I was signed into my VT gmail account when I did that, sorry!