CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 25, 2007

T Jay's thoughts on Santa

A week has passed and a lot has happened! We decided to go to Montana for Thanksgiving at the last minute! Jess was able to get his ranch fix, we got to meet our newest niece (Hannah Gray), swim at Bozeman hot springs and the kids got to be spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa! They were beginning to go through withdrawals, so it was good for them to get a fix.
We decided that we are going to go to Montana for Christmas this year. We asked the kids if they thought that was a good idea. They were excited, but T Jay paused after a bit and asked how Santa would know that we were going to be in Montana and not at home this year. I told him that we could tell him in the letter that he wrote telling Santa what he wanted for Christmas. At the moment this seemed fine to him and he went on his way. During the drive home, T Jay pipes up, "Mom, we don't need to write Santa a letter to tell him we'll be in Montana for Christmas. I'll say a prayer and Heavenly Father will tell him." I told him that he should still write a letter telling Santa what he wanted. When I asked him what he wanted, he told me that it was a secret. That Santa would know. Hmmmm...how's this going to work?!! He did pray that Santa would get him some kind of Transformer airplane toy. I think he might be a little confused as to where Santa fits into things!
Today, we put our tree up and a few of the decorations around the house. At one point T Jay tells me," Since Santa Clause is so fat, we could put a treat out for him called vegetables so he can get healthy."

2 comments:

Happy said...

That is SOOOOO cute!!! Kids are so awesome!!!
I saw that Kevin's wife started a blog! I am so excited to be able to keep up with your brothers! Can you convince the rest of them to start blogs?

The Addams Family said...

Ha ha! That is so funny. We were singing some Christmas songs the other day, and Robert asked how Santa sees him when he's sleeping and knows when he's awake, knows if he's been bad or good, etc. I wasn't quite sure how to explain that one! I officially hate that song now!