CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So...apparently my kids want to go camping!

While I was getting dressed, T Jay comes upstairs and tells me that they are,"having a little bit of trouble." I asked him with what and he told me that they needed help putting the tent up. I suspiciously asked him if he brought in the blue tent (huge) or the brown tent (not huge). When he told me that they had indeed brought the blue tent in I was slightly confused. Several questions went through my mind. Number 1: How did the two of them lift something that is at least T Jay's body weight, if not more? Number two: How did they get it off of the storage shelf in the garage that it was wedged onto? and Number three: How did they get it past my car ? I pulled in too far today and had trouble getting past with out a tent. (stop laughing, Kenny!) "What's gonna work? Team Work!" Amazing feats of pre-schoolers! The above picture is what I came down to! I folded up the eight man tent and re-stowed it on the shelf and pulled out the 4 man tent.
Here they are with camp "all set up!" They are very proud of their campsite.
I am not sure if you can tell, but TJay hauled one of my little tables into the tent to hold their juice boxes. What a nice touch.
*While I'm on the subject of tents, I find it funny that the top tent is billed as an 8-10 man tent and the bottom one is theoretically a 4 man tent. No 8 or 10 men that I know would ever fit in that tent at the same time. Is it too wordy to put on the label: Three men or One man, a lady and three small children or 25 kids. Kids don't mind sleeping in a tangled mess. Just a peek into my thoughts!

6 comments:

The Schooley's said...

Loved the peek into your thoughts. The campsite is awesome. Especially the "homey" touch of the table. I mean, come on, you gotta have a place for juice!!

Nicole said...

How funny! They are so creative! At least they play well together too! I can't wait for that...Scott is tired of playing by himself.

wildthayn said...

Too cute!! The table is a nice touch. I think tent makers must be very tiny people. Have fun "camping" at home!

Maria said...

I don't know if the table for the juice or Summer sitting with her legs crossed infront of the tent is funnier...still a princess, even while "camping."

Happy said...

That is so funny! I have been wondering all day how they got that tent into your house with how you described it and it's location. Too funny!

The Addams Family said...

How funny! Your kids are very resourceful! TJay must have a love of camping due to his early days at girls' camp in Del Rio! You're still my hero for taking a 10 month old baby camping. Good to see Toro! I hope you haven't starved him too much lately!