CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ceramics & Fountains

Last week we went to a ceramics shop. This place was great! The ceramics weren't expensive and they brought out juice and goldfish for the kids! We will definitely be going back. The kids got to pick a figurine and paint it. Summer chose a Cinderella slipper. She's ready to go.
T Jay really got into this. Usually it's Summer that is so into the art projects, be he loved this. He was very precise (for a 5 year old) as he painted his skateboard.
His finished unfired product. We had to leave them there to get fired for a week, so we'll see how they turned out on Friday.
Summer's slipper has like three layers of paint on it. I am interested to see which color shines through.
After the ceramic, we drove through McDonald's and then headed to this cool fountain park. It was so much fun. My favorite part was that it was interesting enough to all of the kids (Matthew included) that I could sit on the bench in the shade and watch them play. For those of you who know Matthew, that is a huge feat!!!
Summer playing in the fountains.
Taking a rest to snack and get warmed up. We had a great day and left only so Matthew could take a nap. I felt a little bad that I get to do things like this with the kids as much as I want and Jess has to miss out to go to work everyday. I told this to my friend and she said, "yeah, me too. But I figure that it balances out with the tantrums that we deal with." I agree with that logic!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! They are adding a fountain area to the new park by our house. I can't wait for that to be done.

And I can't wait for you to come visit me. I've decided that you are, OK? I'm getting so excited about meeting up in a few weeks that I am already planning more visits!

The Schooley's said...

Can we trade lives for a while???Please????

Happy said...

What a fun day! I need to find one of those kinds of parks around here, I know they have some, just not sure where they are.

wildthayn said...

Looks like a fun day!! That fountain looks like a wonderful place to play!

Seth said...

What a great day! You always do such fun things with your children.

Nicole said...

Can I just remind everyone that it is still snowing in Utah! UGH! These pictures of the water works look soooo nice! :)