CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Can't Turn your back...

I was looking at pictures today and I realized something! I thought Matthew was the only one I can't turn my back on. It turns out the others found their fair share of mischief, too. While Matthew is still the King of messes, the others at least made an attempt at the title! T Jay used to love to "clean" the toilet. I had to clean him on the occasion that he got hold of the toilet brush. Don't ask me why I'm taking a picture and not trying to get him to stop squirting lotion all over the floor! Our living room smelled like "Island Romance" forever!!
Shortly after Matthew was born, I was sleeping in our extra bedroom trying to get a few extra moments of sleep. I woke up to the sound of stomping on the stairs. I bolted up to find T Jay coming up the stairs to get dressed. I found out that he and Summer had been outside playing in the snow at 7am while I was sleeping! T Jay managed to put his snow clothes on over his jammies, but Summer went out like this! You'd have thought she would have realized she was missing something. She doesn't seem to mind.
This is still one of Matthew's favorite pass times.
This makes me laugh! This was when he was around 14 months old.
This Monday, I was trying to clean our house. I was interrupted like 3 times with a "Matthew alert" (T. Jay's name for it) The first time he climbed up on the bathroom sink and rubbed soap all over his arms and face and played in the water (a common offense), the second time he was playing with toilet brush and the third he pushed my candle off of the table and the glass holder shattered into a million pieces! I gave up on cleaning. All Hail King Matthew!

6 comments:

The Schooley's said...

Was this the Matthew incident that he was "eating" the toilet brush?? Man I miss you guys!! The thing I love most about this post is that you can and have totally laughed at every single one of these incidents. You are awesome and so are your kids!!

Kelli said...

The top photo is T Jay with the toilet brush! Unfortunatly, this was yet another incident mentioned for Matthew. I guess I need a new hiding place for my toilet brush!

The Holmgrens said...

I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones who get into trouble when I think I'm watching them. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to get turned in. I really try to keep tabs on them!

Nicole said...

I know exactly how that goes! The only time you can get anything done in the day is during their nap and it just isn't long enough! Now that Hailey can crawl and pull herself up, I've caught her by the toilet a few times-luckily she's not tall enough to reach in. Once I found Scott eating rolls of toilet paper that he had dipped in...YUCK!

Nicole said...

I know exactly how that goes! The only time you can get anything done in the day is during their nap and it just isn't long enough! Now that Hailey can crawl and pull herself up, I've caught her by the toilet a few times-luckily she's not tall enough to reach in. Once I found Scott eating rolls of toilet paper that he had dipped in...YUCK!

Alissa said...

see the reason why you forgot that t jay made some messes is because it's kinda cute the first time around but by the second or third kid, it's not that cute anymore...until like 10 years later.