CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Easier Said than Done!

I made some yummy peppermint brownies the other night. I don't know why I did it, because I have no self control when they are in the house. I told Jess that he had to eat what he wanted last night because I was throwing the rest out. This morning, T. Jay asked me if he could have a brownie. I told him that we didn't have them anymore. He asked me why and I told him that I couldn't stop myself from eating them and I kept getting a tummy ache from eating too much so I threw them away. He said, "ya know Mom, eating one a day isn't going to make your tummy hurt."
I am such a hypocrite! :) I only allow my kids to eat one treat each day, if that, I make them eat lots of veggies and drink enough water and talk to them about foods that are healthy. Now to make myself do as I say and not as I do...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim does the same thing in our house. If I ever make any sweets, which isn't often (unless it's a holiday),http://maggieandjim.wordpress.com/2008/07/11/red-white-and-blue-desserts/, they are usually tossed when the pan is half empty. That's usually by the end of day one. He's got no self control at all. NONE.

The Addams Family said...

I always make brownies or chocolate chip cookies, and then I'm always so mad at myself for eating so much! I'm constantly throwing goodies away after a day or so.

Buxton Family said...

I do the same thing. WHY! WHY! WHY! is it so hard? :) I loved the picture of Summer in her winter clothes, but no pants. I'm sad my kids have outgrown those funny moments. I really should do a post from the past.

Cara Fish said...

Hi Kelli!

Miss you! I had to put a password on my blog, but I can't find your updated Florida email. Can you send it to me? Hope you are well!

Cara