CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am so excited!!!

I am getting so excited for the Olympics to begin! I have been counting down (thanks for your countdown widget, Maria) and it's almost here. I have gone through my TIVO and set it to record as much of the games as I could find. My favorite events are: Gymnastics (of course), swimming and diving, Kayaking, track and field and well, EVERYTHING!!
I get so excited, my heart pounds and I get nervous as the different events start, almost as if I am the one participating! Funny, huh? I even noticed my self kind of swaying in my seat in '04 as the swimmers rotated in their strokes! How would they compete with out me?! On Sunday I was showing my kids what the diving approach looks like. It was fun to watch them try it out. It turned into a "is this how they look when they are spinning" game though. I even had a dream where I was down on the field during the track events.
I hope I don't rot my eyes out from all of the TV watching! I guess it's only every 2 years that an Olympics is on though, right!
One of my biggest dreams is to attend an Olympic games. Does anyone else feel overly motivated to be athletic during the games? I never run better!! Ha! Ha!

5 comments:

Janet said...

I love it too! I rollerbladed my hiney off today. Okay rollerblading's not an event, but the olympics motivates me to work harder too! :)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, Kelli. I have never seen this side of you. I love it.
Me? I'm lucky to know what channel the Olympics are on. OK- so that's a little bit of an exageration, but I might catch a few games. And then when they are over I get all sad that I didn't watch more.
Personally, I have a bad feeling about this Olympic season. Hopefully I am wrong.

Seth said...

Me too!! I can't wait for the Olympics!! Whohooo!!

Amy said...

I still remember going visiting teaching with you 4 years ago(Wow, that went by fast!) and you saying "I've been such a TV phene since the olympics started!!" And I thought that was so funny! hahaha, I'm loving them too.

The Schooley's said...

My eyes have rotted right along with you. I love it!!