CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Enjoy the "Now"


I was watching the CMA awards last week and this song was performed. I got all teary eyed. It made me think about how much I love my little babies. I can't tell you how many poems and stories I have read that tell you to enjoy the zany-ness and the fingerprints that come from being a parent because they will be gone before you know it. They all bring a similar reaction-tears to my eyes and a swelling heart. Anyway, in the mist of all of Matthew's mischief, Summer's drama and T Jay's life as the oldest, I've decided to just enjoy and focus on them more. I've tried to laugh or at least document without getting mad Matthew's messes and spend time with all of them. Last week I taught Summer how to make cookies all by herself and she loved the attention. T Jay got his chance on Sunday night. It is so much more fun to spend their childhood doing those types of things, because before I know it, I won't be the coolest person in their life-although I can hope, right?!
So take time to enjoy whatever your "now" is, because chances are you're gonna miss it.

6 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Kelli,

Looks like you guys are expecting again! How fun to see that you got on our blog I need to put yu on our blog so I remember to watch yours. I was sad when I got on Eldon and Rebecca were sitting here going "who are these guys". We ended up in KY so we'll have to take a trip down to see you guys. We were going to go to Florida for Chrstistmas vacation to see Karl's sister and I got all excited t go to the beach and play in the sun, but they are moving now so we'll have to come see you guys to play in the sun instead. Not over Christms, but hopefully sometime.

The Adams Family said...

How fun Kelli. Thanks for reminding me that there are good times in helping children grow up. Sometimes it does get a little much, unless we can remember to have fun. :)

Anonymous said...

I cry every time I hear that song, Kelli!! I feel, too, that time just passes by too fast and before we know it we (and our kids!) are out of one phase and into the next. I wish we could slow down time...
We miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

There is a reason that we are best friends. I've been having the same feelings lately (see my post today- not even knowing that you were going to post this!)

Our kids sure are precious gifts, aren't they? I can't wait to see what God has brewing for us in our bellies. Who ever thought that it could get better than this?

taggdarci said...

I love this song too! And of course, now having a sweet baby, I just cried when I heard it again during the CMA awards. Thanks for reminding us to "enjoy the now"!

Cara Fish said...

I love that song! And I love Trace Atkins! Anyway...you have such cute babies! Of course you will miss it when they grow up!