CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Donuts

I think I've written about this before, but I LOVE homemade donuts. I can pass up donuts from any store all day long, but hot, fresh, right off the stick-completely irresistible! My Dad taught me how to make them during his visit! It was my favorite part about his trip! Here he's getting the dough ready.
Rolling it out and cutting the donuts. He is using the donut cutter from his Dad's bakery where he worked as a kid. He said I couldn't have it yet, but that he'd will it to me. Do you hear that brothers? Me!
Putting them on a floured tray for a second round of raising.
This is my favorite part! After you take it out of the hot oil, we put them on this stick and put the glaze over them. They are so yummy "hot off the stick!" It's really the only way I like donuts. FYI I think I ate 4 donuts! Slight sugar shock, but totally worth it!

The little Samplers thought they were pretty tasty, too! Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So FUN! That's the first I have seen of your neighborhood--awww, it looks liek AZ! (I get homesick in winter!)