CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Visit from Grandpa Riggs

My Dad came to visit us this past weekend! We had a great visit. He got to see where Jess works, followed by a seafood dinner. Saturday was filled with completing a "honey do" list that would have taken Jess at least 6 months to do on his own as well as lots of other fun. FYI, we now have hot water in our guest room shower! hint, hint! Anyway, here is grandpa heaven in photos:
T Jay and Grandpa made a stool to go by T Jay's bed. I wasn't hugely keen on my 6 year old using a circular saw, but he loved it!
Summer helping Matthew with the tools a safety gear.
Time for the jig saw.
It was chilly, but we went swimming so grandpa could swim with the kids. I was the video/photographer, so I didn't "get" to swim. Darn it!
T Jay showed Grandpa how he could swim all of the way across the pool!
They built a train and played "train yard" for hours.
Fishing at the Pier. The only fish they caught was a puffer fish. Maybe next time. At least they got real hooks this time!
Biking around the neighborhood. T Jay also learned how to ride a two wheeler, I will post a video later.
We played baseball and tennis in the driveway.
Fed the neighborhood sand hill cranes.
And bedtime stories. We had a great time, thanks for coming to visit Grandpa!!

6 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

I am laughing SO hard. Carson was on here looking at blogs with me and I pulled yours up and he looks at the first picture of you and your dad and says,"oh, she got a new husband." Like that is all OK and good and everything. I don't know where he comes from.

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Looks like yo had a lot of fun with your dad. Jess looks a little concerned about TJ using the saw as well.

Lana said...

I am soo happy that you had fun with your dad. It looks like the kids love it too. Tjay great job ridding a 2 wheeler.

Buxton Family said...

Your dad is amazing. Not only does he do "man" jobs around the house, but he also make homemade donuts. Wow! I haven't had one of those in years. I really should make them for my girls. I'm glad you had a fun visit.

Happy said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I'm amazed at how many fun things you guys can pack into a short period of time! I don't think I've ever had homemade doughnuts, they look really yummy!! You look great too by the way!

The State of Our Family said...

Neighborhood sandhill cranes...how cool is that?