CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's all coming back to me...

As I was getting ready for bed last night, I was thinking that I need to update my blog, but that I really didn't have anything to post about. Somewhere between falling asleep and actually being asleep, I woke up with a little drool on my mouth. I guess I had my mouth open due to being congested. This isn't the first time this has happened, it's especially common during nap time. I will wake up and my pillow will be a little drool-y. It's very nice. Anyway, last night as I wiped the drool away I laughed a little as I remembered something that happened to me in High school.
It was Eleventh grade English class, taught by Mrs. Topper. I sat in the middle row, second to the last seat in the back row. I used to pass that class time by passing notes to my friend the whole hour. I know, great example for Summer some day! Anyway, this particular day I was too tired for note passing, so I decided to take a nap. It was "winter" in FL, so the boy who sat in front of me had a huge puffy jacket hung on the back of his chair. Now. I can't even begin to understand why he had such a big jacket in FL, but it worked out nicely for me. I pulled his two big puffy sleeves up on my desk for a pillow and took a nap. I must have been tired, because I slept the whole hour. Zonked! I got a friendly nudge right before the bell rang and woke up. As I sat up, I realized that there was a nice sized pool of drool on this boys coat sleeves. I was pretty embarrassed about this and frantically tried to wipe the drool off. I put his sleeves back down just as he pulled his jacket off of the chair and headed out of the classroom. I can't even begin to think what must have gone through his head as he tried to figure out why his sleeves were damp in such a strange area! Did I add that I really didn't even know this boy very well? Nope, just a quick "Hey, how's it going?" before class started. Very funny and embarrassing! It's funny how little memories get triggered. Never thought I'd think of that day again, much less this many years later!

7 comments:

Happy said...

That was such a funny story!! Mr. Twiss didn't kick your desk or anything?
I think everyone should write random memories from back in the day on their blogs!

Janet said...

That's too funny. Glad I'm not the only one who drools.
Make sure you tell Summer about leaving notes for me in Coach Binney's air conditioner. :)

schlenskefamily said...

That was a good laugh for me. I have way too much experience with drool- mine and my chldren's.

Alissa said...

Funny, but you are brave to share that story!! :)

The Schooley's said...

I love you Kelli!! That was the funniest story I have heard from you in a while. I wake myself up when I start to drool. I am that anal!! ha ha ha Miss you

Unknown said...

Oh c'mon! We want names. You know you remember the puffy-jacket owner's name :). I once got three detentions in one week from Mr. Twiss for sleeping. But in my defense, it was that week when the AC was out. And to top it off, I had his class 7th period. It was near impossible to stay awake. This is Sharaun, btw.

Kelli said...

I seriously have no idea what the guys name is. I even got out my year book to see if I could figure it out, no dice. He will forever be the mysterious guy with the puffy jacket.