CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Drive out

It was so long ago, I hope that I can remember all of the details. First of all, Any of you planning to take a trip with kids, whether it's for an hour or a bazillion hours, snack bags are key! 4 days of travelling over 6 days, and the snack bags combined with the TV/ video games and coloring books, I hardly heard a peep out of them. The trip went so well, I am planning to do it again next summer, only longer! FYI, snack bags were filled with all kinds of treats that I never allow them to have. (chips, packaged cookies and crackers, candy, fruit snacks etc.)
Our first stop was in Atlanta to visit my High school friend Maggie. We went to this fun lake with the kids. We also went to her community pool and the kids had a great time playing. Oh yeah, and T Jay threw up in the parking lot right when we got there. Little did we know then, we were gonna drag that little buggy across the country with us! Lo ciento, mi familia!
Should I be worried? (I say that a lot, don't I?!) My kids are crazy about these motorized cars because I won't let them have one. My theory: it's not a toy for us unless it wears the child out some how. Thanks for sharing, James!
Our next stop was to see my Dad in Tennessee. The kids had a great time tromping around in his back yard, climbing trees and getting dirty. They loved riding in the tractor with Grandpa. They also got to go on a boat ride. T Jay and Summer both tried knee boarding behind the boat and they both did it! Summer held on so long, my Dad was trying to dump her off. He finally just slowed down so she would sink. Good times.
My Dad lowered Summer out of the tree she was in. She thought that was the greatest thing ever. Me, not so sure.
Our last day of travel to get to C. Springs was in Topeka,KS and we stayed at "the BEST hotel ever!" It had a spiral slide. Ideal for kids who have spent a week in the car! Stay tuned, more trip pics are a comin'!

2 comments:

The Schooley's said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! So glad you got to spend some time with your dad!

Nicole said...

I was just going to add that I think kids are much better in the car if it's just mom driving. I take road trips all the time with the kids and they do great, but as soon Kevin comes along they feel like they need to make 100 requests because there's always an extra parent to meet their every need!