CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home

On our drive home we stopped in Nauvoo, Illinois. It was really cool. As you may know, I love old things, so I loved seeing and learning about the life styles of the time.
Lexi and I in front of the temple.
T Jay learning how they made rope. I wonder if my kids realize that rope making could be amongst their daily chores?
Gauging the temperature of the baking ovens by the feel test. Skills! That took some serious skill!
We also learned how to weave thread and then to weave that to make cloth. We learned how to make candles and wooden barrels, too. It was really cool. I want to do some reading about the history and then go back next summer and spend a day or two. I also want to go to Mark Twain's boyhood home, Hannibal, IL (I think). We drove by it this time, but we couldn't stop due to time constraints.

1 comment:

The Schooley's said...

What a fun stop. Love the picture of the kids infront of the oven. Too cute. Sounds like you had a blast & learned some cool stuff.