CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

100th Day

Friday marked the children's 100th day of school this school year. We celebrated by making a poster that had 100 air-filled water balloons taped to it in the shape of 100 for Summer's homework. It got me thinking when and why schools celebrate this. Both of my children were ecstatic to go to school on Friday. They were greeted with cookies, teachers dressed up like they were 100 years old and sharing their posters. T Jay informed me that they now have 80 days left of school. I am already looking forward to the lazy days of summer. I know it's already like summer here, but I mean the days we don't have to interrupt with school attendance and homework. Come on 80 days!

1 comment:

The Addams Family said...

They make a really big deal about that here, too! Our 100th day was on Thursday, though. I guess we started the school year a day earlier than you guys!