CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Summer's first talk

Summer gave her first talk in Primary last week. She wrote and typed this all by herself! I am so proud of her. Happy Sunday!

I would like to talk about how Nephi was blessed for choosing the right but first I would like to say what is written in first Nephi , chapter three verse seven “And it came to pass
that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the lord hath commanded, for I know that the lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.” Now I would like to name three things that Nephi was blessed for obeying the lord, first there is when the lord asked Nephi to go and get the brass plates to teach the children he still went to get them even though that the wicked king Laban had the plates of brass.
Next I would like to bring up that when Nephi was asked to build a boat, even though
he had never built a boat he still listened to the lord’s directions and even though his brothers teased him he stuck to building a boat and while he was building the boat one time his brothers where teasing him and making it so hard for him to work that the
lord said to Nephi put forth your hand and I will shock them. And now I would like to bring up the last idea for mytalk, the last idea is that it is not just choosing the right that matters but it is also what your attitude is you can choose the right but still be in an attitude that is not an attitude that someone would like to be around but that is not really the right way to make someone happy. we are all trying to be people that listen to the lord and many people use Nephi as an example.

1 comment:

The Addams Family said...

Wow! She's amazing! I'm so impressed that she wrote that by herself! Robert loves giving talks in Primary and carries a binder with him to church each week that has copies of all his past talks in page protectors. Just in case the child who was supposed to speak bails or doesn't show up. Our Primary presidency has asked him to speak at the last minute several times!