CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Dak Rat Saga

I was on the phone yesterday when I noticed my cat going a little crazy by the door that leads to our garage. As I was standing there about to comment on how crazy my cat was I heard scratching and squeaking sounds. I had a momentary silent freak out session and then decided to go to the side door of the garage so that I could see what was trying to scratch its way into my house. The culprit was gone, but this is what I found!!
So, I opened all of the garage doors hoping that he would see his route to freedom. I tried to "coax" him out with a broom, didn't work.
That is the home of a Dak Rat (gopher, prairie dog etc.) I assume that this is his little friend. He kept creeping out of his hole and "whistling" (who knew that Dak rats whistled) to his friend. I think he was trying to tell him that freedom was close if he would only make a run for it. He kept standing right in front of the garage calling for it. It was quite amusing. I thought that they were both out a little later in the day.
Not the case, here is what I saw this morning as I was walking out to the garage with Jess. Another good few inches of weather stripping consumed by the guy!
Hail the conquering hero da da dada da or how ever it goes. Jess and I found it hiding right by the back garage and trapped it under Jess' shelf. Jess then got out his leaf blower and we tried to blow him in the right direction. He then scampered over to hide out under the lawn mower. This was perfect for us because we kept the air blowing around the mower, thus making feel secure from the wind in his "bunker" and then pushed the lawn mower outside and then gave him one final blast to get him out from under the mower. It worked like a charm and we are now Dak Rat free in our garage. Now we get to spend Saturday moving the garage around and cleaning up Dak rat poo.

1 comment:

Cara Fish said...

kelli, as gross as it is funny. :)